Sunday, July 27, 2014

Risk and Reward

Good Evening, Reader.

One day last week, I got really bored at my day job, so (after updating my list of future baby names) I created a graph of risk versus reward. I drew a line in the middle and began to plot points of activities based on how much risk versus how much reward they would provide.

It seemed like a great idea when I first put simple tasks such as studying and cleaning as low risk and high reward. Then, it became complicated as I tried to think of examples of high risk and low reward. Mostly everything with a high risk I can think of has a high reward accompanying it... such as robbing a bank or skydiving.

Everything with a high risk can be worth doing, if you're willing to take the initial risk and deal with the consequences if the actions turn south. But what if you're not ready to face the consequences? Is it still worth the risk? Can you even be sure the reward is as good as you imagine it to be?

Smile,
My Little One

No comments:

Post a Comment